1. Replace hand wheel on bushing.
2. Replace stop motion clamp washer with lugs inserted in recess provided for them in the bushing.
3. Replace clamp screw and then tighten stop screw
NOTE: if stitching mechanism is not released when stop motion clamp screw is loosened, remove stop motion clamp washer and rotate it 180 degrees.
The two sets of bevel gears have been lapped together at the factory and should be kept in mesh throughout all removals and replacements.
1. Loosen motor mounting screw and remove belt.
2. Hold hand wheel and loosen stop motion clamp screw, Fig. 46, by turning toward left.
3. Loosen stop screw, Fig. 46, until end clears stop motion washer. Then turn clamp screw toward left and out of the bushing.
4. Remove stop motion clamp washer, Fig. 47, and slide hand wheel out and off the bushing.
Featherweight History Machine Dating Condition Chart Accessories Parts lists/numbers Owners' Manuals Workshop Manuals Featherweights Facts and Myths Freearm Applications Advertising Art Work Chamber of Horrors Cleaning Your Machine Identify Your Manual Approved Links
Standard Machines 1951 Centennials White/Green Models Freearm 222s Singer Featherweight Toys Spare Parts Sales Accessory Sales Our Guarantee Repairs/Servicing Motor rebuilds and voltage conversions What our customers say Lay-away plan
Index Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 15 Part 16 Part 17 Part 18 Part 19 Part 20 Part 21 Part 23 Part 24 Part 25 Part 26 Part 27 Part 28
REMOVALS AND REPLACEMENTS
UPRIGHT ARM SHAFT