1. Remove throat plate, bobbin case and bottom cover.
2. Loosen two set screws in hub of hook, Fig. 37, and remove hook from hook shaft.
3. Remove retaining screw and spring, Fig. 37, from rear of hook.
4. Remove gib screw and gib, Fig. 38, from front of hook.
5. Lift bobbin case base from face of hook.
1. Place base in its seat in hook.
2. Replace gib and gib screw on front of hook as shown in Fig. 38.
3. Replace spring and retaining screw on rear of hook as shown in Fig. 37.
4. Replace hook on hook shaft, position in relation to needle and reset time.
5. Replace bottom cover and throat plate.
1. Replace bobbin case base in position as shown in fig. 35.
Rotate it slightly until it seats.
2. Return gib to original position and replace screw. 3. Replace throat plate, making certain that the position finger is in notch of position plate under throat plate.
Featherweight History Machine Dating Condition Chart Accessories Parts lists/numbers Owners' Manuals Workshop Manuals Featherweights Facts and Myths Freearm Applications Advertising Art Work Chamber of Horrors Cleaning Your Machine Identify Your Manual Approved Links
222s Singer Featherweight
Toys Spare Parts
Sales Our Guarantee
Motor rebuilds and
voltage conversions What
our customers say Lay-away
Index Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 15 Part 16 Part 18 Part 19 Part 20 Part 21 Part 22 Part 23 Part 24 Part 25 Part 26 Part 27 Part 28
REMOVALS AND REPLACEMENTS
BOBBIN CASE BASE (LATEST STYLE)