1. Make certain that releasing pin is in place as shown in
2. Place tension discs, with convex sides together, on thread guard as shown in Fig. 32.
3. Pass eyelet of take-up spring under thread guard, keeping coils of spring above tension discs as shown in Fig. 32.
4. Align coils of spring with hole in discs and place this assembly on stud as shown in Fig. 33. Tail of thread guard enters hole provided in machine head: Note: Tail of spring, Fig. 33, enters one of the grooves in rear of stud.
5. Replace indicator, open side out, on stud with plus and minus indications at top as shown in Fig. 31.
6. Insert tension spring into indicator and replace stop washer as shown in Fig. 31
7. Place numbered dial on stud with numeral 2 opposite stop washer extension. Press in dial to compress spring. While holding in, replace thumb nut, carefully guiding pin into one of the holes in the dial.
8. Replace entire tension assembly into machine and tighten set screw.
9. Adjust tension.
Featherweight History Machine Dating Condition Chart Accessories Parts lists/numbers Owners' Manuals Workshop Manuals Featherweights Facts and Myths Freearm Applications Advertising Art Work Chamber of Horrors Cleaning Your Machine Identify Your Manual Approved Links
Standard Machines 1951 Centennials White/Green Models Freearm 222s Singer Featherweight Toys Spare Parts Sales Accessory Sales Our Guarantee Repairs/Servicing Motor rebuilds and voltage conversions What our customers say -- Lay-away plan
Index Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 15 Part 17 Part 18 Part 19 Part 20 Part 21 Part 22 Part 23 Part 24 Part 25 Part 26 Part 27 Part 28
REMOVALS AND REPLACEMENTS
NEEDLE THREAD TENSION (continued)