1. Turn thumb nut to left until zero (0) on dial reaches indicator
2. Loosen stud set screw, Fig. 30, and remove entire assembly from machine.
3. Press in on dial, Fi g. 31, disengage pin in thumb nut from hole in dial.
4. Hold dial in and remove thumb nut.
5. Remove dial, stop washer, tension spring, indicator and tension disc assembly which includes thread guard, two discs and take-up spring.
Featherweight History Machine Dating Condition Chart Accessories Parts lists/numbers Owners' Manuals Workshop Manuals Featherweights Facts and Myths Freearm Applications Advertising Art Work Chamber of Horrors Cleaning Your Machine Identify Your Manual Approved Links
Standard Machines 1951 Centennials White/Green Models Freearm 222s Singer Featherweight Toys Spare Parts Sales Accessory Sales Our Guarantee Repairs/Servicing Motor rebuilds and voltage conversions What our customers say Lay-away plan
Index Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10 Part 11 Part 12 Part 13 Part 14 Part 16 Part 17 Part 18 Part 19 Part 20 Part 21 Part 22 Part 23 Part 24 Part 25 Part 26 Part 27 Part 28
1. Remove face plate.
2. Remove presser bar and needle bar.
3. Loosen set screw, Fig. 29, and remove needle bar bushing.
4. Remove hinge screw and washer.
5. Turn hand wheel until thread take-up set screw, Fig. 29, is accessible through access hole in rear of machine.
6. Loosen thread take-up set screw and remove take-up linkage
CAUTION: Take-up lever cap screw has a left hand thread. For removal, it must be turned CLOCKWISE.
REMOVALS AND REPLACEMENTS
NEEDLE THREAD TAKE UP